fbpx

This is how Art Attack’s host looks like 31 years after the show!

This is how Art Attack’s host looks like 31 years after the show!
Dec 16 2021 Share

Remember Art Attack? We’re sure you do. Well, everyone’s favourite art show host Neil Buchanan shared a new photo of himself, 31 years after the show’s debut. 

Currently 65 years old, Buchanan hosted the hit show for a whopping 17 years, encouraging kids all around the world to get creative. The show became so popular it won a BAFTA.

The host left in 2007 to pursue a musical career, sharing a photo to his website to show what he’s been up to. And suffice to say, he looks super different! 

Buchanan wasn’t completely absent from social media however as he recently took to Twitter to respond to rumours that he’s actually Banksy. 

The fan theory emerged on social media last year after a user asked ‘how fantastic would it be if Neil Buchanan really was Banksy?’ The post encouraged more to compare the work done on the show with the street artist. 

Buchanan quickly dismissed the theory, stating that there is no truth in the rumour whatsoever. ‘Neil spent lockdown with vulnerable members of his family and is now preparing to launch his new art collection in 2021.’ 

#MaltaDaily

Photo source: Liverpool Echo, @neilbuchanan

Malta daily Facebook 300x250

No needle COVID-19 vaccine trials kick off in UK

No needle COVID-19 vaccine trials kick off in UK
Dec 16 2021 Share

A new needle-free COVID-19 vaccine has just kicked off trials in the UK, with participants aged between 18 and 50 years of age. 

Aiming to protect against future variants of the virus, the vaccine is administered through a jet of air. It was developed by Cambridge University professor Jonathan Heeney and offers an alternative to those afraid of injections. 

Heeney said that it is vital to continue producing new generation vaccine candidates which will help us stay safe from the next virus threats. 

Called DIOS-CoVax, it varies from other jabs in that the current vaccines use genes taken from the virus spike protein to encode antigens. These cause the immune system to produce antibodies. 

The new needle less jab uses predictive methods which mimic the wider family of COVID antigens. 

The research facility wherein the trials will be taking place has stated that the new vaccine fights both variants and possible future strains of the virus. 

‘This technology could give-wide ranging protection to huge numbers of people worldwide’ the doctor said. 

#MaltaDaily

Photo Source: USCF

No Omicron in Malta yet says Health Minister as boosters extended to over-35s

No Omicron in Malta yet says Health Minister as boosters extended to over-35s
Dec 16 2021 Share

During a press conference, Deputy Prime Minister Chris Fearne revealed that no Omicron cases have been found in Malta yet. 

However, he insisted that it is only a matter of time until the newly discovered COVID-19 variant is discovered in Malta. Within two weeks, he predicted, it will be the dominant variant across all of Europe. 

This comes after the World Health Organisation pointed out that the variant is spreading faster than any other COVID variant. It has so far been detected in 77 countries, but is probably in many more simply undetected. 

Apart from this, Fearne announced that anyone over 35 will be able to register for the booster jab as of Monday. New advice from the EMA indicates that those who received the J&J could receive the second dose after two months. 

Anyone over 35 who received the J&J vaccine will thus receive a government invitation to take the second jab. 

The minister also highlighted how the hospital numbers were low thanks to the vaccination rollout. However, he warned that there was always a lag between what happens at hospital and in the community. 

Referee Ryan Caruana praised for quickly helping player with concussion

Referee Ryan Caruana praised for quickly helping player with concussion
Dec 16 2021 Share

TV programme Replay’s Facebook page hailed young referee Ryan Caruana for his immediate action to help a player who suffered a concussion on the football pitch. 

His first aid avoided there being further consequences, resulting in the player, who forms part of Pieta Hotspurs FC, suffering worse injuries. 

This follows an incident between the player and another from the opposing Hamrun Spartans Football Club during a minors match. Caruana halted the game upon finding out what happened and was the first to give the first assistance to the young player. 

The incident happened last Tuesday, with the match played in Victor Tedesco Stadium. On site medics continued to help the player, but Caruana’s actions possibly saved his life.  

#MaltaDaily

Photo Source: Replay FB