fbpx

Shaun Farrugia and Martin Garrix officially release international hit ’Starlight’

 - Art - Apr 15 SHARE ON:
Shaun Farrugia and Martin Garrix officially release international hit ’Starlight’

Shaun Farrugia, a local singer and songwriter who has bagged in collaborations with international star Martin Garrix, has officially released ‘Starlight’. 

Their collaborative song ‘Starlight’ is the biggest song ever released by a Maltese national, and this suggests that Malta might finally have a music star to pave the way for others on the music map. 

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Shaun Farrugia (@itsshaunfarrugia)

‘Starlight’ has already been played at festivals where hundreds of thousands of music lovers and Garrix fans were attending prior to the official release. 

The official release was anticipated with a performance by the two artists on a boat in Amsterdam, about which Shaun said that he is ‘crying, in disbelief of what is happening to me right now’. 

Martin Garrix himself, born Martijn Gerard Garristen, is a Dutch DJ who was ranked number one on DJ Mag’s Top 100 DJs list for three years in a row. With international hits such as ‘Animals’ and ‘In the Name of Love’, the now 25-year-old has made a massive name for himself.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Martin Garrix (@martingarrix)

And Shaun’s talent and hard work captured the attention of the star and the two are now blessing the world with some of the hottest collaborations, with ‘Starlight’ officially out for all to enjoy!

#MaltaDaily

Photo Source: @itsshaunfarrugia IG, Martin Garrix IG

TAGS: , ,
Malta daily Facebook 970x90

Hundreds walk in aid of Puttinu Cares despite strong winds

 - Local - Apr 15 SHARE ON:
Hundreds walk in aid of Puttinu Cares despite strong winds

‘The wind does not discourage us’ the NGO Puttinu Cares stated on their social media platforms as they shared images of hundreds walking in aid of all the patients the organisation supports.

In commemoration of Good Friday, Puttinu Cares held a marathon walk on the eve of the public holiday. The event saw hundreds come together in solidarity to support the NGO. 

This was the seventh edition of the Good Friday walk in aid of Puttinu right before a televised fund-raising marathon. Participants each donated €10 and walked either from Mellieha or Mosta parish square to Qawra overnight. 

The marathon was cancelled over the past two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, despite no fundraisers to help, patients continued to travel to the UK for treatment, staying in one of 20 apartments owned by Puttinu. 

Puttinu now aims to buy a new building in central London as well as to secure 21 flats which will be free of charge for the patients and their relatives. The marathon was joined by several parents who lost their children but found support from Puttinu.

A tribute was also payed to the late founder of the NGO, Victor Calvagna, who died earlier this year. Today, Friday 15th, a televised marathon will be broadcast between 10am an 3pm and 9pm and midnight. 

#MaltaDaily

TAGS: , , ,

Xgħajra councillor Doris Borg quits PN after ‘party media favoured district competitor’

 - Local - Apr 14 SHARE ON:

Councillor and former PN candidate Doris Borg has quit the Nationalist Party and will continue to occupy her post within the Xgħajra local councillor as an independent councillor.

In a lengthy Facebook post, Borg stated that she was sidelined on the second district, with party media giving significant promotion to the other candidate in her district, new MP Bernice Bonello.

“We were two women on the second district”, Borg said as she went on to argue that not only was she discriminated, but her dignity was trampled on.

Borg received 152 first-count votes on the second district whilst Bonello received 440 first count votes. The two were also competitors on district four, where the Xgħajra councillor received 44 first-count votes while the new MP secured 305 votes.

#MaltaDaily

 

TAGS: , ,

Maltese taxi driver loses license after being found guilty of profiting from prostitution

 - Local - Apr 14 SHARE ON:
Maltese taxi driver loses license after being found guilty of profiting from prostitution

After admitting that he was profiting from prostitution and pleading guilty to taking commissions from a massage parlour,  a Maltese taxi driver has lost the possibility of renewing his license.

Carmel Schembri admitted to profiting from prostitution and managing a brothel and was given a 14-month jail sentence suspended for two years along with a fine of €1,500.

Schembri did not persuade the Court of Justice to revoke Transport Malta’s decision to withdraw his license after the Court ruled that the law did not give the authority the discretion.

When debating the decision, Schembri argued that it was unfair and that considerations were irrelevant and out of proportion, sustaining that he always offered the best service to his clients and that it was his only livelihood. On the other side of the coin, Transport Malta held that a tag cannot be issued if an individual is found guilty of such charges.

Schembri was reportedly renting out properties in Hamrun, Luqa and St. Paul’s to use them as massage parlours, with the Malta Police Force uncovering that they were being used as brothels.

#MaltaDaily

TAGS: ,
See All