fbpx

Romelu Lukaku completes loan move back to Inter

 - News - Jun 29 SHARE ON:

Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku has completed a loan move back to Italian team Inter after he left them last year. He left Inter last summer for than European champions Chelsea in a deal worth nearly €115 million.

The Italian club announced that the deal was done in a video of the striker on top of their HQ in which he declared “I”m back!” to president Steven Zhang.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Inter (@inter)

Lukaku’s second stint at Chelsea did not go to plan. He arrived with a lot of expectations following the two great seasons he had in Milan, however he failed to adapt to Chelsea’s system and he quickly set his eyes on a return to Serie A.

This desire for a move back was seen in the interview he requested with Sky Sport Italia where he said countless of times that in the future he would don the Nerrazzuri shirt again. Due to Inter’s shaky finances the deal could only happen on a one year loan basis worth around €10 million with no option or obligation to buy.

Despite the official ultras groups boycotting Romelu Lukaku’s return from Chelsea, regular Inter fans flocked to welcome the striker back and he was clearly loving it. He was seen greeting Inter  fans all day long whether it was in the airport, Inter HQ or CONI where he completed his medical.

 

#MaltaDaily

TAGS: , ,

Malta Philharmonic Orchestra launches Malta Summer Festival presenting opera in an innovative manner

 - Local - Jun 29 SHARE ON:
Malta Philarmonic Orchestra launches summer festival presenting opera in an innovative manner

The Malta Summer Festival has officially been launched and, under the artistic direction of Óliver Díaz, will attempt to present opera in an innovative manner in order to boost the genre’s visibility, especially with newer audiences.

The festival presents a celebration of music, lights, projections, and history, with a star-studded line-up led by Vittorio Grigolo. Immerse yourself in a musical journey unlike any other across some of the most significant operatic repertoires on nights dedicated to celebrating the genre.

Minister for the National Heritage, the Arts, and the Local Government, Hon. Owen Bonnici said: “This program continues to demonstrate our commitment as a Government to continue working for the music and culture; the main aim will remain to foster in people’s lives a music appreciation.”.

Minister for Tourism Clayton Bartolo went on to state that “apart from the appetite for travel there is also a desire for more outdoor and public activities after two years of continuous restrictions.”

“In these two years we have worked hard to assure that when our country is open in its entirety, we have a diversified cultural calendar. For this summer we have a busy entertainment calendar that will provide both tourists and Maltese the opportunity to enjoy their quality time with activities such as the Malta Summer Festival.”

In an official launch, MPO CEO Sigmund Mifsud explained the significance of this step for the orchestra and our country and remarked on the MPO’s role in producing the festival, building on last year’s Grand Finale.

“We always believed in the importance of organising a festival like this, as it offers an opportunity for networking while setting the objectives of musical growth, both for the orchestra and also for the local cultural ecology,” he said.

Kicking off on 13 July and running until 21 July, the Malta Summer Festival is presented by the MPO in collaboration with the Arts Council Malta and the Malta Tourism Authority with the support of Hilton Malta, the Ministry for Gozo, and the Ministry for the National Heritage, the Arts, and Local Government. All information on the festival can be found on maltaorchestra.com/malta-summer-festival/

#MaltaDaily

TAGS: ,

Maltese youths document struggles of Bali communities in new charity campaign

 - Local - Jun 29 SHARE ON:
Maltese youths document struggles of Bali communities in new charity campaign

Maltese youths Benjie Zammit and Jack Attard Cassar have launched a charity initiative called ‘The Other Side of Bali’ in an attempt to capture the everyday lives and struggles of local Bali communities.

While Bali may be recognised globally as a luxurious holiday hotspot, these two youths and activists attempt to capture the more humble side of the Indonesian city, shining a light on locals’ struggles to make ends meet and put food on the table.

Through this initiative, Zammit and Cassar hope to spread awareness and encourage followers to collect funds and contribute to these very real, hard-working Bali communities by covering rent payments and providing resources.

Donations can be made via Revolut on +356 99066714 or by visiting theothersideof-bali.com.

#MaltaDaily

TAGS: , ,

Court orders Bank of Valletta to return Gaddafi’s €96 million to Libyan state

 - Local - Jun 29 SHARE ON:
Court orders Bank of Valletta to return Gaddafi's €96 million to Libyan state

Malta’s Court has ordered Bank of Valletta to return over €96 million in funds linked to heirs of the late son of Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi, back to the Libyan state.

The six-year case comes to an end with the final decision coming in favour of the Libyan Attorney General.

The millions in funds were held in three accounts at BOV in the name of Gaddafi-owned Capital Resources, whose proprietary name appeared as Muatasimbllah Muammar Abuminyar.

Muatassim, died at age 36 on a hospital bed in the Libyan desert after being captured.

#MaltaDaily

TAGS: , , , , ,
See All