fbpx

Juventus complete biggest signing of the transfer window

 - News - Jan 29 SHARE ON:

Juventus have completed the signing of Serbian striker Dušan Vlahović from rival club Fiorentina. He will take over the coveted no.7 shirt which was worn by the great Cristiano Ronaldo before his move to Manchester United.

The deal will reportedly cost the Bianconeri a staggering €80 million whilst they will pay the Serbian around €7 million a year. Juventus will first pay a fee of €70 million over the next 3 financial years whilst the rest of the deal will be payed in performance related bonuses.

 

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Juventus (@juventus)

Fiorentina wanted to sell their prime asset after he made it clear to the ownership that he didn’t want to extend his deal which would have expired in 18-months. He reportedly only wanted the Bianconeri, even rejecting opportunities from English clubs Arsenal and Tottenham. It was also reported that Fiorentina preferred to sell him abroad but were sort of forced to sell him to their historic rivals in order to get a price worthy of the player.

Vlahović had his breakout season last year scoring an impressive 21 goals in 40 appearances for Fiorentina and has continued his fine form by scoring 20 goals in 24 appearances in all competitions.

#MaltaDaily

TAGS: ,

Apple’s next iOS update could let you use Face ID with a mask

 - COVID-19 - Jan 29 SHARE ON:
Apple’s next iOS update could let you use Face ID with a mask

Face masks due to COVID-19 have almost become a fashion item at this point, and Apple seems to be recognising the reality of them maybe sticking around for a while. 

Due to this, the company appears to be testing a feature that will let you use Face ID to unlock the phone even if you are donning a mask. The first developer beta for iOS 15.4 has a screen that asks if you want to be able to use Face ID while wearing a mask at the cost of reduced security. 

This comes through photos from MacRumours and other Apple investigators and leakers. The feature will unfortunately be only available for those who own a newer device. 

According to photos posted by Brandon Butch on Twitter, Apple says that ‘iPhone can recognise the unique features around the eye area to authenticate’. A warning was issued to state that it would be more accurate if it is set to work without a mask. 

9to5Mac reports that this feature only works on the iPhone 12 and 13 lines, but as of yet no 2018 iPad Pro owner was able to use it. This feature does come however as many more people called for Apple to try and develop this technology. 

Apple has already introduced various updates to help – iOS 13.5 would detect that you’re wearing a mask and quickly ask for a passcode. 14.5 also let people with Apple Watches use Face ID while wearing a mask.

#MaltaDaily

Photo Source: Tom’s Guide

TAGS: , ,

Village feasts could return in April under health authority protocol

 - COVID-19 - Jan 29 SHARE ON:
Village feasts could return in April under health authority protocol

Malta’s traditional village feasts could be making their return by April of this year as long as this is done responsibly and in line with Health Authorities’ protocols. 

This was revealed by the Band Clubs Association on Friday, following a meeting with Prime Minister Robert Abela, Health Minister Chris Fearne and Superintendent for Public Health Charmaine Gauci. 

The association said that if the COVID-19 cases in the community remain under control, from April, both religious and non-religious activities will be allowed as long as they are organised responsibly.’

Feasts in February and March must continue to follow the present protocols, but this means that Good Friday could be celebrated by the outdoors procession with some protocols in place. 

If the situation remained under control as summer approached, village feasts could be organised in a normal way. The statement said that feasts enthusiasts should continue to get vaccinated so that the situation remains under control. 

Village feasts were halted from celebrating in their usual fashion since before the pandemic. They were briefly allowed in the summer of 2020 when all rules were lifted, but large case clusters reverted the decision. 

Prime Minister Robert Abela said that feast enthusiasts can look ahead to spring and summer with enthusiasm, with the health officials highlighting the importance of the booster dose. 

#MaltaDaily

Photo Source: World Nomads

TAGS: , ,

Stylist Malcolm Gauci slams ‘boys clothing’ comment on Philippa Naudi outfit photo

 - Local - Jan 28 SHARE ON:
Stylist Malcolm Gauci slams ‘boys clothing’ comment on Philippa Naudi outfit photo

Multi-award winning fashion stylist Malcolm Gauci has taken to social media to share his criticism of a comment posted regarding X Factor Judge Philippa Naudi’s most recent outfit.

The New Victorians member and X Factor judge was wearing a Luke Azzopardi-designed tuxedo styled by Gauci for the second series of live shows, with one particular comment was a woman asking “Why dress up such a beautiful and talented lady in boys’ clothing with lovely hair pulled back?”

In disagreement with such a comment, Gauci to Instagram stories to state that “it’s 2022 and this nonsense is still around”, arguing the fact that style should not be confined by gender. On the other hand, the photo received a plethora of comments praising the X Factor judge’s impeccable style.

What do you think of the outfit?

#MaltaDaily

TAGS: , ,
See All