fbpx

Inter fans start removing Lukaku mural

 - News - Aug 11 SHARE ON:

This summer, Inter fans have had to endure one of the worst transfer windows possible in terms of outgoings. After waiting 10 years for a Scudetto, the club have let go of coach Antonio Conte, speedy right wing back Achraf Hakimi and club hero Romelu Lukaku.

The departure of Romelu Lukaku has hit the fans the most. Before the season the Belgian goal-scorer started, confirmed multiple times his desire to stay in Milan and to regain the Scudetto under new coach Simone Inzaghi. The Belgian however decided to leave when an offer from European champions Chelsea came. This transfer will also see him earn double his salary at Inter. The Inter owners have also played a part in this, as instead of rejecting the offer, they accepted it and now will only reinvest 20% of it. Where the other 80% will go is currently unknown.

The Curva Nord (Inter’s main supporter group) was not happy with this transfer, and they released many statements stating their disappointment about Lukaku and the board’s attitude. They have also started to begin painting over the mural a local artist painted in front of San Siro. As of now Lukaku is in Monaco, but is said to be in London this week to sign his contract with the blues. This deal will also make him the player with the highest collective transfer fees in history.

#MaltaDaily

TAGS: ,

Khaby Lame leaps to over 100 million TikTok followers

 - Art - Aug 11 SHARE ON:
Khaby Lame leaps to over 100 million TikTok followers

Italian Khaby Lame keeps making strides in the social media game as he advances up to 101.3 million TikTok followers. Lame has not uttered a single word throughout his TikTok journey, simply communicating through a hand wave and shrug. His speciality is debunking useless ‘life hack’ videos which attempt to make life ‘easier’ but instead complicate things even more. Lame shows everyone why the everyday approach is usually the simplest. 

@khaby.lame

We reached 100M😍Thanks to all my fans,thx for ur time and ur love and ur positive energy,every single thing I do is for u guys 🤲🏾❤️ #learnfromkhaby

♬ suono originale – Khabane lame

Khaby is still in TikTok second place however, as the top spot is occupied by Charli D’Amelio who boasts an impressive 122 million followers. Lame is catching up however, constantly upgrading his video quality and hilarious content. Thanking his fans for the support, many were quick to point out how he reached such a high follower count despite never saying a single thing. 

#MaltaDaily

Photo Source: Twitter, Khaby Lame TikTok

TAGS: ,

Rinella Garden to become Malta’s first carbon neutral open space

 - News - Aug 11 SHARE ON:
Rinella Garden to become Malta’s first carbon neutral open space

Rinella Garden is set to transform into a completely carbon neutral open space for public use through a €1 million investment. Featuring innovative technologies such as solar paving, smart benches and solar smart bins, the project will respect the island’s environmental landscape with zero emissions produced. Announced by Energy Minister Miriam Dalli and Finance Minister Clyde Caruana, the garden will also protect the cultural and architectural heritage bound with the area.

An ex-military cemetery, the space will feature smart waste cans which will send notifications once filled up and an irrigation system operating solely on solar energy. This system will generate enough energy to balance out the electrical consumption generated by the garden, creating a unique sustainable space. Planned for completion by next year’s first quarter, this garden marks an environmental historic moment for Malta. 

#MaltaDaily

Photo Source: Clyde Caruana FB, Miriam Dalli FB

TAGS: , , , ,

87 COVID-19 cases registered with 137 recoveries

 - COVID-19 - Aug 11 SHARE ON:
54 COVID-19 cases registered with 57 recoveries

Malta has registered 87 new cases of COVID-19 in the past 24 hours from 3,466 swab tests, while 137 patients have recovered. 1 death was registered in the past 24 hours. This information was announced by the official Facebook page of Malta’s Ministry for Health.

As of Tuesday 10th August 2021, 778,936 vaccine doses were administered of which 405,723 were 1st doses. 399,769 people are currently fully vaccinated. 

To date, Malta has registered 35,040 COVID-19 cases in total, of which: 33,407 have recovered, 429 died and 808 are still active.

Mater Dei Hospital is currently treating a total of 40 COVID-19 positive patients, 3 of whom are in the ITU.  The average age of yesterday’s cases was 38.

#MaltaDaily

See All